The 15 km long Brunnenweg leads around Esthal near Lambrecht (Palatinate) - with its many historic wells, which used to be mainly used as cattle watering places and washing wells. Immerse yourself in the Palatinate Forest and enjoy the fresh spring water from the Goldbrunnen - or linger over a picnic, at the 250-year-old Straufelsbrunnen. This was still used by the "Eschdler" citizens until the 1950s. Enjoy Palatinate hospitality in the idyllically situated Wolfsschluchthütte.
UFFBASSE! - Campaign for considerate coexistence in nature
- Always behave in a forward-looking, friendly and considerate manner towards everyone you meet along the way.
- Respect nature, do not destroy plants and always stay on the paths.
- Try to avoid excessive noise and leave the forest before dusk.
- Remember to bring a rubbish bag for the road and take rubbish home with you.Please keep your dog on a lead at all times. Other visitors and animals will thank you.
- For your own safety, observe all trail closures.Park only in designated parking areas.
- Leave space for emergency vehicles and agricultural machinery.Please give priority to agricultural and forestry traffic.
Rest stopsKloster Esthal
Kloster Café Esthal
Gaststätte "Sportheim ASV Esthal"
Wolfsschluchthütte - PWV Esthal
Safety informationIn general:
Especially in autumn, also be aware that leaves lying on the ground can hide bumps, roots, stones or holes in the path. After thunderstorms or rainstorms, trees can still fall over or branches can fall down afterwards. Especially in adverse weather conditions, muddy and slippery passages can occur on natural paths. Not all rocks or precipices are secured with ropes or railings. Surefootedness is required in places. You have to expect this type of path impairment when you undertake a hike. If you are of the opinion that certain sections of the trail are not passable for you, you should avoid them.
We endeavour to announce on this platform any closures that occur due to forestry work or hunting parties. Nevertheless, there are situations where trails are closed and we may not have been informed. If you unexpectedly encounter a trail closure or diversion, please follow the instructions for your own safety.
Tips and hintsTourist Information Municipality of Lambrecht (Palatinate)
Tel: 0 63 25 / 1 81 - 110
Fax: 0 63 25 / 1 81 - 4110
Getting thereComing from Neustadt an der Weinstraße (A65): Exit Neustadt/Weinstr. Nord, then follow the B39 to Lambrecht (Pfalz). After Lambrecht, turn left towards Elmsteiner Tal, Frankeneck, onto the L499. After Frankeneck, turn right towards Esthal on the K23. Follow the K23 to the village square in Esthal.
Coming from Kaiserslautern (A6): Take the Enkenbach-Alsenborn exit, then follow the signs to Fischbach/Bad Dürkheim. Follow the B48 until the turn-off to Bad Dürkheim. Then continue on the B37 towards Bad Dürkheim / Neustadt a. d. Weinstr., in Frankenstein follow the B39 until shortly before Lambrecht (Pfalz). Then turn right towards Elmsteiner Tal, Frankeneck (L499). After Frankeneck, turn right towards Esthal (K23). Stay on the K23 until you reach Esthal. The village square is in the centre of the village.
ParkingAt the village square in Esthal and after 2 p.m. car park at the community centre
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentFor our hiking tours we recommend the following equipment as standard:
- Sturdy shoes
- Clothing suitable for the weather
- Sun and rain protection
- Sufficient supplies of food and drinks, as there are not always refreshment stops or shops available or open everywhere.
- Even though the paths are very well marked throughout, it is always advisable to carry a suitable hiking map for safety reasons, so that you can quickly find your way to a safe area in the event of a thunderstorm or emergency, for example.
- 18 Waypoints
- 18 Waypoints