- Wear sturdy shoes and suitable clothing that is suitable for the weather and protects you from the cold and wet or from the heat and sun.
- Take plenty of fluids with you. There are not many places to stop for refreshments.
- Please put on suitable hiking shoes on the way, which will give you sufficient grip even on slippery and steep or rocky and uneven paths then you should bypass this.
- Especially in adverse weather conditions, near-natural paths can lead to muddy and slippery passages.
- Especially in autumn, it is important to ensure that the leaves lying on the ground can cover bumps, roots, stones or holes in the path.
- You should expect this kind of obstacle to the path when you go on a hike.
- Although the path is consistently very well marked, you should always have a suitable hiking map with you for safety reasons.
Tips and hintsTourist Information
Getting thereFrom Hachenburg (southeast): We drive on the B414 in the direction of Hachenburg, which we follow until behind Kroppach, where we turn left onto the L290 (Wissener Straße). We leave this street behind Giesenhausen to the right on the K16, which we follow to Stein-Wingert to the parking lot at the cemetery.
From Altenkirchen (southwest): We drive over the B256, which we leave at Eichelhardt to the right on the L290. We follow this road past Giesenhausen and leave the road behind Giesenhausen to the left onto the K16. We follow this street until we have reached the parking lot at the cemetery in Stein-Wingert.
From Wissen (north): We drive over the L289 until we turn left in Burbach onto the K16 (Nisterstraße). We follow this street until we arrive at the parking lot at the cemetery in Stein-Wingert.
ParkingStein-Wingert: Free parking at the cemetery in Stein-Wingert, Hauptstraße, 57629 Stein-Wingert
Free parking next to the fire station, Hauptstraße, 57629 Stein-Wingert
Flögert: Free parking above the village, K45, 57612 Helemeroth
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentSturdy shoes are essential here! We recommend that you bring enough drinks and food with you.
- 6 Waypoints
- 6 Waypoints