Vallendar - Faculty of Theology, Forum V. Pallotti - Bischofsbour well and springs - Wambach Valley - Mallendar river valley - Urbar - Ehrenbreitstein Fortress
Distance 8.9 km
This stage of the trail brings us close to the Rhine once again and deep into German history. Koblenz's location on the Rhine and Moselle have always made it valuable and interesting in terms of military strategy. Therefore, Koblenz was, and still is, a garrison town. The Deutsche Eck (lit. German Corner) headland, the historical old town centre and Ehrenbreitstein Fortress on the right bank of the Rhine should not be missed during your visit to Koblenz. The village of Ehrenbreitstein enjoyed the protection of the fortress, but also suffered during its sieges.
Die Festung Ehrenbreitstein ist mehr als sehenswert. Ein weiteres Highlight ist eine Fahrt mit der Seilbahn über den Rhein zum Deutschen Eck.
Update: March 09, 2022
Safety informationHealth and safety
- Wear suitable weatherproof clothing that will protect you from cold, wet, heat and sunshine.
- Make sure you take regular breaks and don't overexert yourself.
- Take enough fluids with you as there are sections without rest stops.
- Wear suitable hiking boots/shoes which give you enough grip on slippery, steep, rocky and uneven surfaces.
- Avoid any sections of the route which you feel are too difficult for you. Natural trails can quickly become wet and slippery in adverse weather conditions.
- Particularly in autumn, you should be careful of uneven ground, roots, stones or holes that have been covered by leaves.
- You need to take these kinds of adverse conditions into account every time you go on a hike.
- Particularly steep and dangerous places are made safer with handrails or ropes. Please use these as safety aids. Handrails are not to be climbed on or used to get a better view!
Tips and hintswww.rheinsteig.de
Getting thereBy car: B42 to Vallendar train station
From Vallendar train station take the Rheinsteig path through the pedestrian zone to the town hall square (15 minutes).
ParkingCar park at Vallendar train station
32U 401639 5584187
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Suitable weatherproof clothing
- 5 Waypoints
- 5 Waypoints
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view