The castle church, the most important late Gothic building in the Nahe region, was built between 1479 and 1504 by the architect Philipp of Gmünd.
Art-historically the castle church is the most important building in Meisenheim. Together with the Herzog-Wolfgang-Haus it comprises the only remaining part of the former castle. The three-nave hall church has a splendid tower with an openwork spire.
Of particular note are the artistic vaults, foremost the hanging vaulting in the Wittelsbach burial chapel, the engraved Rococo pulpit and the magnificent Stumm organ (installed 1765-1767).
According to the Hague Convention for the Protection of Historic and Cultural Heritage, the Schlosskirche is among the cultural monuments worthy of special protection in Rhineland-Palatinate.
Open Apr 21, 2019 through Oct 31, 2019 from 11:00–17:00.