The Lords of Daun-Oberstein Castle is strikingly situated on a rocky spur above the Nahe River. Together with Bosselstein Castle and the world-famous “Felsenkirche” church it offers an impressive backdrop overlooking the old town of the Oberstein district.
From the inner courtyard with its sheltered terrace you have a nice view of Bosselstein Castle, Oberstein, the Nahe Valley and the vast forests of Winterhauch. First mentioned in 1330, Oberstein Castle experienced its heyday in the 15th century, burned down completely in 1855 and was partially rebuilt by the Castle Association “Burgenverein Schloss Oberstein” in 1980. Booking: The entire castle as well as individual rooms such as the coat of arms hall, bay window room, culture room (also used as registry office) and the “Lion’s Cellar” can be booked for family and company celebrations and other events. Guided tours for groups, school classes, kindergartens can be arranged year-round.
Open May 16, 2020 through Dec 31, 2020 from Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat and Sun 11:00–17:00
Öffnungszeiten: täglich von 11.00-17.00 Uhr, montags geschossen!
Bei Vermietungen des Schlosses ist keine Besichtigung möglich.