The Schultheißer Mühle is located below the Peterchesmühle directly on the hiking trail Baybachtal.
The Schultheißer Mill Below the Peterchesmühle, our climbing skills are once again challenged, because the path leads steeply up the mountain. But don't worry, it's not far, then we have climbed the height and it goes downhill again. When we have passed a bend in the path, we see the buildings of the Schultheißermühle in front of us. It was built in the 18th century. In 1908 the mill house fell victim to a fire, only the vaulted cellar was preserved. Near the mill there was also a bakehouse, where bread was baked for the milling customers. On a rock above the mill we see a chapel, which arouses our interest. In front of the entrance door to the chapel there is a huge wooden cross with the year 1774 carved into it. The symbols, which are also embedded, tell about the former peasant and miller life and show the instruments of the passion of Christ. In the chapel we are surprised by a pleasing Madonna with the Child Jesus under a flowerbed. According to the tradition, there is a special meaning to the Madonna. Before the 2nd World War, the miller couple did not have the hoped-for offspring. So the miller's wife went on a pilgrimage to Lourdes and bought the Madonna nearby, which she placed in the little chapel on her return. After fervent and fervent prayer, the miller's wish for a child was fulfilled.
Excerpt from the book "von Mühle zu Mühle" (from mill to mill), a hike through the Baybach Valley, available for 9.00 euros at the Emmelshausen Tourist Information Office.