Share
Bookmark
Print
Embed
Monastery

Katholische Pfarrkirche St. Cosmas u. Damian

Monastery · Rheinhessen
Responsible for this content
Rheinhessen-Touristik GmbH Verified partner  Explorers Choice 
  • Außenansicht des Chores
    / Außenansicht des Chores
    Photo: Dr. Luzie Bratner, Mainz

The late Gothic choir of the church, initially dedicated to St. Martin, was built in 1407. In 1889 it was incorporated into the spacious hall of the neo-Gothic building as a huge side chapel. The end of the choir, which is formed by five sides of an octagon, is strangely warped. On the outside, a peculiar flat passageway leads under the choir, whose arches bear the stonemason's mark of Johann von Diepach. Liebfrauenland - Gothic in Rhinehesse

Open from

tägl. 8-17 Uhr; Gottesdienstzeiten: Sa 18 Uhr, So 8+10Uhr; Auskunft: Pfarrbüro

Coordinates

DD
49.956386, 8.016579
DMS
49°57'23.0"N 8°00'59.7"E
UTM
32U 429457 5534245
w3w 
///possess.interviewing.washdown
Arrival by train, car, foot or bike

Questions & Answers

Ask the first question

Got questions regarding this content? Ask them here.


Reviews

Write your first review

Help others by being the first to add a review.

Profile picture

Photos from others


Katholische Pfarrkirche St. Cosmas u. Damian

Schlossgasse 1
55435 Gau-Algesheim
Phone (0049) 6135 2421

Special features

Place to visit
  • 2D 3D
  • Contents
  • Show images Hide images