Founded in 1863 by Magaretha Flesch (Mother Rosa), the Waldbreitbach Franciscan Sisters of the Blessed Virgin Mary of the Angels still have over 500 sisters worldwide today. In Germany, mainly in Rhineland-Palatinate and Saarland, the sisters maintain about 60 institutions, mainly in the care of the sick and the elderly.
St. Marienhaus This is the mother house of the Waldbreitbach Franciscan Sisters. The founder of the order, Margarethe Flesch, called Mother M. Rosa, was beatified in 2008. In 1861 she and some sisters built the first house of the present monastery complex. The order of Franciscan nuns is particularly dedicated to the care of the sick and elderly. The complex also includes the Forum Antonius Church, the herb and bible garden, a conference centre and the monastery mountain terraces. www.deepL.com
The Motherhouse Church is open daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. for visitors.