The collegiate church dating from the 13th century is famous for its artistic and historically valuable tomb monuments and its location high above the Nahe valley.
In 1318 the church was declared a collegiate church and subordinated to the archbishop of Mainz. During the 15th century the tower with two late Gothic bells was added, followed by the choir room in the 16th century and the pulpit in the 17th century. The church owes its fame to the abundance of tomb monuments of the Dhaun royal dynasty of counts. The development of sculpture over four centuries up to the middle of the 18th century can be traced by means of these mostly magnificent and elaborately designed tomb monuments.
Another treasure is the "Stumm organ", built in 1782 by Friedrich Carl Stumm. Over six generations, the 'Stumms' from the Hunsrück village of Sulzbach near Rhaunen built around 400 organs in over 190 years, most of which are still played today.
Open Apr 01, 2020 through Nov 30, 2020 from Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat and Sun 09:00–18:00
Geöffnet vom 01.04.2020 bis 30.11.2020 täglich von 9:00 bis 18:00 Uhr außer montags
Free entrance! Donatation welcome.
Guided tour on demand.
Anfahrt: Von der B41 kommend in Hochstetten-Dhaun auf die Dhauner-Straße/K9 abbiegen und deren Verlauf folgen. Direkt nach den Serpentinen auf die K10 abbiegen. An deren Ende findet sich das Ziel.