Remarkable remains of the medieval ring wall are preserved to the west of Mainzer Straße in Trechtingshausen.
From the year 1300, the town fortification with its gates and an upstream moat enclosed the entire town center. After the Thirty Years' War (1618-1648) the walls were reinforced. Well preserved are the Lohkauttor with its fortified tower on the Rhine, as well as the Neutor (Neuwegtor) on the western edge of the village. In Römerstraße, a sign marks the location of the Clemens Gate, which is no longer preserved. A piece of the ring wall with battlements and a semicircular cupola tower is preserved in the extension of the street "Am Turm", in the direction of the main street.