The village museum shows the way of life and equipment from the second half of the 19th century on a former manor house. It consists of a dwelling house, barn, courtyard and shed and is a listed building.
There are six rooms in the residential building; three of them present the history of Niederbreitbach and three reflect the living culture of the earlier period. The barn, built in 1855, also offers additional space for exhibitions. Here you can see equipment for agricultural use as well as tools for various professions. The barn's integrated stable for horses and cows also houses utensils from that time.
As far as the historical background of the house is concerned, the later manor house of 1250 was probably brought into marriage with Countess Mechtildis von Sayn to Count Heinrich III von Sayn because the manor house was one of the Thuringian estates of her parents. After the death of her husband, however, she transferred most of her estates to the Archbishopric of Cologne, but attached importance to keeping the farm. In the year 1468 the court is mentioned in documents as "Kelterhaus".
The local association for the preservation and presentation of historical objects and facts.