The castle ruins of Isenburg were first mentioned in a document in 1103.
It was once the ancestral seat of the powerful lords of Isenburg. Remains of the lower gate tower and a residential building have survived to this day. The complex was still inhabited until the 17th century. In recent years, a circle of friends was founded with the aim of preserving Isenburg Castle for posterity and making it accessible to the public. The footpath to the ruin is best reached via the street "Große Luft", parking is available on the square ("Auf dem Nippes") in front of the old school and the parish church St. Katharina. Contact: Tourist Information Dierdorf, Poststraße 5, 56269 Dierdorf, Tel.: (0049) 2689 / 29113, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org