An exciting tour takes the whole family across vineyards, forests and meadows through the varied landscape of the Palatinate.
The cycle path starts at the Silzer See lake and first follows the Klingbachweg. It runs along the Klingbach stream and takes you through Münchweiler to Klingenmünster. If you like, you can visit Landeck Castle from here and stop for a bite to eat. In Klingenmünster, you will join the German Wine Route cycle path for a short distance and turn right into Lettgasse. Follow this until you have left the town and then turn left at the first junction. Now continue straight on through the vineyards until you turn left again at the second junction and rejoin the Deutsche Weinstraße cycle path. After another 500m, cross the B48 and follow the castle tour signs to Waldhambach and Waldrohrbach until you reach Völkersweiler. You leave the castle tour and cycle along the road to Gossersweiler- Stein until you reach Lake Silz again. If you fancy an animal adventure afterwards, you can visit the game and hiking park in Silz.
UFFBASSE! - Campaign for considerate coexistence in nature
- Always behave in a forward-looking, friendly and considerate manner towards everyone you meet along the way.
- Respect nature, do not destroy plants and always stay on the paths. Try to avoid excessive noise and leave the forest before dusk.
- Remember to bring a rubbish bag for the road and take rubbish home with you.
- Please keep your dog on a lead at all times. Other visitors and animals will thank you.
- For your own safety, observe all road closures, even at weekends.
- Park only in designated parking areas. Leave space for emergency vehicles and agricultural machinery.
- Please give priority to agricultural and forestry traffic.
A visit to the Silz Game and Hiking Park or a stop at Landeck Castle near Klingenmünster will round off your family outing.
Rest stopsBäckerei Glaser
Often our cycling routes run along paths that we share with others. We therefore ask for considerate and friendly cooperation at all times. Winegrowers, farmers and foresters use the farm roads through fields, forests and vineyards for their daily work (also at weekends) and therefore always have priority. Due to work and/or weather conditions, these paths may also be more heavily soiled at times. Special care should also be taken when travelling along the (mostly quiet and less frequented) roads in and around the Palatinate villages.
Tips and hints
Office for Tourism Annweiler am Trifels in the holiday region Trifelsland
76855 Annweiler am Trifels
Phone 06346 2200
Via Klingenmünster to Silz
at the lake of Silz
For our cycling routes we recommend the following equipment as standard:
- (touring) bike, on hillier tours more gears or electric assistance provide more comfort.
- Bicycle helmet
- clothing suitable for cycling, also for bad weather
- Bicycle bag, for stowing equipment and provisions
- Sunglasses or goggles, also protect against insects.
- Smartphone with the Rhineland-Palatinate app for navigation and information on places of interest, refreshment stops along the route, etc.
- Most important tools and spare parts, if necessary charging accessories for e-bike
- Sun protection, especially for tours through fields & vineyards
Weather at the route's trailhead
- 16 Waypoints
- 16 Waypoints