The South Palatinate Cycle Route takes us over the gently undulating landscape of Germany’s largest tobacco-growing region.
Distance 53.6 km
The cycle route starts at Scheibenhardt on the Pamina Cycle Route (Lauter Valley) and leads through the Bienwald forest to Kandel, which has a magnificent shopping street. It passes through Hatzenbühl and Hayna in Germany’s largest tobacco-growing region, and continues through the Queichwiesen water meadows in Offenbach – keep an eye out for storks. Shortly after Dreihof golf course, you cross the route of the South Palatinate draisine line. You continue along the “Cattle Line” to Kirrweiler. The route is only slightly hilly and well suited to families with children.
Frisches Obst als kleine Stärkung für unterweges sowie pfälzische Spezialitäten und Wein als Mitbringsel erhalten Sie in den Hofläden entlang der Strecke.
Update: October 04, 2021
Rest StopFun Forest Adventure Park Kandel
Hofmarkt Zapf H.B.C. GbR
Hotel-Restaurant "Zum Riesen"
Gaststätte Gleis 3
Gasthaus Zum Schloddrer
Gutsausschank & Gästehaus Verena Zöller
Eiscafé Roma - Villa Wieser
Waldbistro "Fun For Rest" im AbenteuerPark Kandel
Safety informationCyclists must obey the German highway code (StVo).
Tips and hints
Feedback, errors or omissions? Contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.radwanderland.de (responsible for infrastructure and route description).
Getting thereA65 to Kandel-Süd exit, on the B9 to Scheibenhardt
ParkingIn Scheibenhardt, z.B. in der Hauptstraße, Mühlenweg oder Maxstraße.
32U 437093 5425734
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentPlease wear a helmet. Touring bicycle or bike with multiple gears, weatherproof clothing, drinks and supplies.
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view