On the way, a small idyllic river and a recultivated former basalt quarry await you.
The approx. 6 km long circular trail leads along the Black Nister, which flows into the Great Nister in Langenbach after a distance of approx. 13 kilometres. As you continue, you will pass through the Basalt Park with its lake, nature trail and interesting exhibits. Afterwards, you can take a break in one of the beautiful cafés in Bismarckstraße.
The basalt park offers you interesting insights into the history of basalt mining and a great view of the basalt lake. Free admission.
Rest stopsWesterwald Court
Bel Momento Pizzeria
Café-Bar Pit Stop
Copper Pot Restaurant
Aspendos Kebap House Pizzeria
Hotel-Restaurant- Pizzeria Zur Sonne
Bistro at the MarienBad
Especially in autumn, be aware that leaves lying on the ground can hide bumps, roots, stones or holes in the path.Path impairments of this kind are to be expected on every hike.
Tips and hints
Tourist Information Bad Marienberg
56470 Bad Marienberg
Tel. 02661 7031
- From Cologne: A3 exit Hennef/Sieg via B8 and B414 to Bad Marienberg.
- From Frankfurt: A3 exit Limburg via B54 and B414 to Bad Marienberg
- From Dortmund: A45 exit Haiger/Burbach via B54 and B414 to Bad Marienberg
- From Gießen: A45 exit Herborn via B255 and B414 to Bad Marienberg
- From Koblenz: A48 and A3 exit Montabaur via B255 to Bad Marienberg
Free parking at the Tourist Info, Wilhelmstraße 10, 56470 Bad Marienberg.
Author’s map recommendations
Wear sturdy shoes and appropriate, weatherproof clothing that protects you from cold and wet or heat and sun.
- 18 Waypoints
- 18 Waypoints