In addition to the historical sights that await you during the approx. 25 km long hike, you can also breathe a little racing air along the | Grüne Hölle - the Green Hell. The Hocheifel circular route is a varied and exciting hiking trail for discoverers of all ages.
Highlights along the way:
- Kaiser Wilhelm Tower on the Hohe Acht
- Castle ruin Nürburg
- Nürburgring-Nordschleife "Green Hell
- Adenau with historic town centre
- 360° panoramic view from the Hohe Acht
- Visit of the castle ruins of Nürburg with a fantastic view
Safety informationEvents at the Nürburgring can lead to increased traffic and noise pollution.
For your own safety, please always stay on marked paths and do not leave them.
Tips and hintsTourist-Information Hocheifel-Nürburgring
Kirchstraße 15 - 19
Tel.: (+49) 2691 305-122
Fax: (+49) 2691 305-196
Getting therePlease use the navigation-capable start address in the parking area to enter it in your navigation device.
ParkingSTART / DESTINATION: Dr.-Creutz-Platz, 53518 Adenau
Parking spaces in the city centre of Adenau (parking guidance system).
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentOptimally equipped with:
sturdy, waterproof footwear
sufficient rucksack food (especially water)
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.