The dream loop to the lookout tower on the Spitzen Stein with many views over the Rhine valley to the castles Katz and Maus and to the Loreley.
Distance 6.7 km
The dream loop Spitzer Stein runs, as the name suggests, around the observation tower on the prominent rock, which lies on the municipal boundaries of St. Goar, Urbar and Niederburg.Architecturally very interesting: the new steel tower next to the historic tower from the 18th century. The new tower takes up the old telegraphy system according to Claude Chappé. More details on site, also for self-telegraphing.But not only from the tower, but also on the way there are always wide views as far as the Taunus, the Loreley and the castles Katz and Maus. Historical information boards about St. Goar and Biebernheim round off the hiking experience.You can rest in three huts: on the Spitzen Stein, in the Thiergarten and in the Krähenhütte. And at the Krähenhütte you can also have your picture taken with the imposing Biebernheimer Quetschehannes made of steel.Gastronomy awaits hikers in Biebernheim or with a short detour via the Treppenweg in St. Goar.Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Via the stairway (800 m) you reach St. Goar on the Middle Rhine. A detour to Rheinfels Castle is also possible.
Update: November 21, 2021
Safety informationSturdy shoes are recommended.
Getting thereFrom the A 61 - exit Pfalzfeld - direction Urbar
ParkingHiking parking lot at the Spitzen Stein on the K 97
32U 406562 5553900
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view