The dream loop Baybachquellen offers a varied trail, interesting places (railway station, Pfalzfeld obelisk, market square, water tower) a restaurant at the railway station and two restaurants at the campsites.
Distance 6.2 km
Traumschleifchen are certified walking trails that, in contrast to their big brothers, the Traumschleifen, have fewer metres in altitude and a lower proportion of paths. Nevertheless, there is no shortage of adventurous moments. The Baybachquellen dream loop is a joint project of the communities of Pfalzfeld, Lingerhahn and Hausbay. An interesting trail was created around the springs that flow together in Hausbay to form the Baybach, which then flows into the Moselle 32 km later. The route leads along easily accessible forest and meadow paths with beautiful and wide views. On the way you can see: Pfalzfeld station with its sleeping carriages, the Pfalzfeld obelisk and the water tower at the station. The catering establishments at the Mühlenteich and Schinderhannes campsites as well as Gleis 3 next to the Pfalzfeld Obelisk, which is not yet open, cater for your physical well-being. You can rest at the Pfalzfeld market square as well as three benches and many other resting places.
On the way even grows a "beverage tree"
Update: September 06, 2021
Rest StopGaststätte "Am Mühlenteich"
Safety informationNo special safety instructions are to be observed.
Tips and hintsAlle Traumschleifchen
A 61 Abfahrt Pfalzfeld
Hunsrückhöhenstr. B 327 Abfahrt Hausbay
ParkingA free car park is available at the sports field between Hausbay and Pfalzfeld. Approx. 500 m from the starting point.
32U 398339 5551880
EquipmentA walking trail does not require hiking boots, but the stiletto heel should also stay at home.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view