The Traumschleifchen Murscher Aussichten has been Germany's first certified walking trail since 2015. It combines seven vantage points and 33 benches over 3.3 km.
Distance 3.2 km
The dream loop Murscher Aussichten combines many scenic and historical highlights over 3.3 km. Six vantage points in all directions illustrate the location of the village on a hill. The village itself has many historical buildings to offer, such as the Jakob Kneip Museum, the bakehouse, the Schwengelbrunnen, the old school, the St. Lambertus Church and some beautifully renovated private houses. Information is provided by more than 10 information boards. The root bank with the mining miners and the 700-year-old Jakob Kneip oak are also worth seeing. Since 2018, the 3-metre tall Murscher steel donkey has been a special attraction at the root bank, which is often used as a photo motif. Children can have fun on the playground right next to the oak tree and take a look at the insect hotel. You can rest on more than 30 benches.
The 3 m tall Mursch steel donkey is a great photo motif and at the same time offers wide views over the Moselle valley all the way to the Eifel.
Update: November 12, 2021
Tips and hintsHomepage des Weges
Getting thereFrom Emmelshausen via L 206 direction MorshausenFrom Brodenbach / Mosel via L 206 direction Morshausen
ParkingParking lot at the Jakob-Kneip oak tree,end of Jakob-Kneip-Straße56283 Morshausen
32U 388330 5560891
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentSturdy footwear should also be worn on the walking trail.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view