Starting point: Crossing "Kordel" at the holiday village Landal Mont Royal
The forest trail starts at the height and leads over the Burgberg (a Celtic fortress, built around 500 BC), over the Lämmerbach (also known as butterfly valley) to the 50th latitude to Haselbach and back to the starting point via the mountain chapel. The hike mostly leads through shady forests and offers a beautiful viewing point shortly after the 50th latitude.
Difficulty: very comfortable, difference in altitude 210 m. Refreshments (with a short detour): Restaurant "Woods" in the holiday village Landal Mont Royal (playground & petting zoo)
Rest StopFerienpark Landal Mont Royal
Getting thereFrom Kröv via the K63 towards the mountain chapel. Turn right through the vineyards in the direction of the Landal Mont Royal holiday park.
Parkingparking space Kordel
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentThe circular route is easy to walk with sneakers or light hiking shoes.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.