hiking paradises in Germany. In the centre of the Ahr Valley lies the town with two faces: Bad
Neuenahr-Ahrweiler. On the one hand, it is a spa and health resort (Bad Neuenahr), on the other hand, it is characterised by Roman times and wine-growing (Ahrweiler). The 15 new circular hiking trails surrounding the town, five of which are grape paths, are brand new. The length of the hiking trails ranges from 3.8 to 12.9 kilometres. The degree of difficulty ranges from easy to demanding, so there is a suitable hiking trail for every condition and mood.
Start and finish: Walporzheim hikers' car park, above the Walporzheim wine manufactory.
Walking time: approx. 2.5 hours
Level of difficulty: --- demanding
Points of interest: Bunte Kuh viewing platform, EVA tower, government bunker documentation site
Safety informationThere are no special safety instructions.
Getting thereBy car coming from the north via the A61 to the Bad Neuenahr-Ahrweiler motorway junction. The short feeder motorway A 573 will take you to Bad Neuenahr, Ahrweiler and the other districts. Coming from the south, leave the motorway at the Sinzig / Bad Neuenahr exit. Then follow the feeder motorway A 571 and the bypass B 266 in the direction of Bad Neuenahr-Ahrweiler.
Book recommendation by the author
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.