- Wear sturdy shoes and suitable clothing that is suitable for the weather and protects you from the cold and wet or from the heat and sun.
- Take plenty of fluids with you. There are not many places to stop for refreshments.
- Please put on suitable hiking shoes on the way, which will give you sufficient grip even on slippery and steep or rocky and uneven paths.
- If you are of the opinion that certain sections of the path are not accessible to you then you should bypass this. Especially in adverse weather conditions, near-natural paths can lead to muddy and slippery passages.
- Particularly in autumn, it is also important to ensure that the leaves lying on the ground can cover bumps, roots, stones or holes in the path. You should expect this kind of obstacle to the path when you go on a hike.
- Although the path is consistently very well marked, you should always have a suitable hiking map with you for safety reasons.
Tips and hintsTourist Information
Tel .: 02662-958339
Getting thereFrom Bad Marienberg (east): We leave Bad Marienberg via the L294. At the end of the street we turn left onto the B414. We follow this road for about nine kilometers until we turn left onto the L281 in the direction of Hachenburg. We follow this road until we have arrived in Hachenburg.
From Altenkirchen (west): We drive over the B414 to the roundabout in front of Hachenburg. We leave this at the first exit in the direction of Hachenburg on the B413. After the level crossing we turn left onto the L288 to get to Hachenburg. We follow the L288 until we have arrived in Hachenburg.
From Betzdorf (north): We follow the L288 for about 21 kilometers. Then we turn right onto the K21 in the direction of Marienstatt. To stay on the K21, we turn directly left. We follow this road until we come to the intersection, where we turn left towards Hachenburg (B414). At the roundabout we take the first exit towards Hachenburg (B413). After the level crossing we turn left into the L288 and follow this road to Hachenburg.
From Steinebach an der Wied (south): We drive over the L292 until we have arrived in Hachenburg.
ParkingHachenburg: Free parking lot at the Hachenburger Erlebnis-Brauerei, Am Hopfengarten 1, 57627 Hachenburg
Free parking lot at Burggarten, Am Burggarten 1, 57627 Hachenburg
Free parking lot at the Landscape Museum Westerwald, Leipziger Straße 1, 57627 Hachenburg
Paid parking garage at Alexanderring, Alexanderring, 57627 Hachenburg (entrance is in the "Nottorstraße")
Paid parking garage in Johann-August-Ring, Johann-August-Ring, 57627 Hachenburg
Alpenrod: parking lot for hikers at Alpenrod, Mittelstraße, 57642 Alpenrod
Author’s map recommendations
- 8 Waypoints
- 8 Waypoints