Insider tip: Plan a detour of about 50 m at kilometre 0.3 to the Niederstadtfelder Drees.
Would you like to combine this trail with another route?
This HeimatSpur has a connection to the HeimatSpur Wallenborner Weg "WA" and offers a shortcut via the access path Wallenborner Weg (yellow "TW").
Highlights along the way:
• 0.3 km Niederstadtfelder Drees
• 8.7 km lava pit
• 13.5 km forest and bird nature trail
Are you planning an overnight stay?
You can easily search for the hiking-friendly hosts of the Vulkaneifel at GesundLand Vulkaneifel GmbH according to your wishes and also book them online.
The guest and booking service will also be pleased to take on this task for you!
GesundLand guest and booking service
will be pleased to put together an individual hiking tour for you including hotel and luggage transfer.
Safety information• Stay on the marked hiking trails.
• Stay away from steep edges and rock faces (danger of falling).
• Keep an eye on your children if necessary.
• Small steps and a steady pace save energy uphill and protect your joints downhill.
• Take something to drink with you; drinking is important even when you are not thirsty.
• And: Please keep nature clean.
Tips and hintsGesundLand Vulkaneifel GmbH
GesundLand Tourist Information Daun
Tel. +49 (0)6592 95130
Getting therePlease use the navigable start address in the Parking section to enter in your navigation device. Or use the >> online journey planner at the end of the stage description.
ParkingAm Dorfplatz, 54570 Niederstadtfeld
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Equipment• Backpack food and sturdy shoes are recommended.
• Walking sticks may be helpful for the trails.
• Weatherproof clothing is recommended.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.