You will find the connection to the HeimatSpur Appoloniaweg "AP" on the way.
Highlights along the way:
• 0.0 km Ellscheid bronze figures
• 1.3 km Ellscheid view of the maar
• 7.5 km Mürmes
You can easily search for the hiking-friendly hosts of the Vulkaneifel at GesundLand Vulkaneifel GmbH according to your wishes and also book them online. Find a room now!
GesundLand Vulkaneifel GmbH will be happy to put together an individual hiking tour for you including hotel and luggage transfer.
Rest StopHofladen Geflügelhof Janshen
Safety information• Stay on the marked hiking trails
• Stay away from steep edges and rock faces (danger of falling)
• Keep an eye on your children if necessary
• Small steps and a steady pace save energy uphill and are easy on the joints downhill
• Take something to drink with you; drinking is important even when you are not thirsty
• And: Please keep nature clean
Tips and hintsGesundLand Vulkaneifel GmbH
GesundLand Tourist Information Daun
Tel. +49 (0)6592 95130
Getting therePlease use the navigable start address in the Parking section to enter in your navigation device. Or use the >> online journey planner at the end of the stage description.
ParkingCommunity centre Ellscheid, Büchelweg 12, 54552 Ellscheid
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Equipment• A filled backpack and sturdy shoes are recommended
• Walking sticks may be useful
• Clothing depending on the weather
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.