The hike starts in Niederwinkel and leads to the nearby village of Oberwinkel. The path climbs steeply past meadows and fields. The trail then descends to the Geisert juniper heath nature reserve along the Dreisbach. The following forest passage is perfect for a little forest bath. The demanding ascent to the Tommelberg can then be tackled in a relaxed manner. The hike then ends with a return to Niederwinkel.
Highlights along the way:
4.8 Juniper heath
You can find more hiking trails in the GesundLand Vulkaneifel here.
Are you planning an overnight stay?
You can easily search for the hiking-friendly hosts of the Vulkaneifel at GesundLand Vulkaneifel GmbH according to your wishes and also book them online. Find a room now!
GesundLand Vulkaneifel GmbH will be pleased to put together an individual hiking tour for you with hotel, packed lunch & luggage transfer.
Safety information• Stay on the marked hiking trails.
• Stay away from steep edges and rock faces (danger of falling).
• Keep an eye on your children if necessary.
• Small steps and a steady pace save energy uphill and protect your joints downhill.
• Take something to drink with you; drinking is important even when you are not thirsty.
• And: Please keep nature clean.
Tips and hintsGesundLand Vulkaneifel GmbH
GesundLand Tourist Information Daun
Tel. +49 (0)6592 95130
Getting therePlease use the navigable start address in the Parking section to enter in your navigation device. Or use the >> online journey planner at the end of the stage description.
ParkingAt the community hall in Niederwinkel
Author’s map recommendations
Equipment• Backpack food and sturdy shoes are recommended.
• Walking sticks may be helpful for the trails.
• Weather-proof clothing would be advantageous.