Insider tip: Plan a detour to the Burberg shortly after the start (footpath about 1.4 km). From the very top you have a fantastic view.
The Burberg, also known as Burgberg, Buerberg or Schutzer Kopf, rises in the Volcanic Eifel Nature Park. It originated as a volcano about 11,000 years ago.
Highlights along the way:
• 0.4 km view of Burberg
GesundLand Vulkaneifel GmbH will be pleased to put together an individual hiking tour for you including hotel and luggage transfer.
Safety informationStay on the marked hiking trails.
• Stay away from steep edges and rock faces (danger of falling).
• Keep an eye on your children if necessary.
• Small steps and a steady pace save energy uphill and protect your joints downhill.
• Take something to drink with you; drinking is important even when you are not thirsty.
• And: Please keep nature clean.
Tips and hintsGesundLand Vulkaneifel GmbH
GesundLand Tourist Information Daun
Tel. +49 (0) 6592 95130
Getting therePlease use the navigable start address in the parking section to enter in your navigation device. Or use the >> online journey planner at the end of the stage description.
ParkingAt the Chapel of St. Wendelin, Dorfstraße, 54570 Schutz
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Equipment• Backpack food and sturdy shoes are recommended.
• Walking sticks may be helpful for the trails.
• Clothing appropriate to the weather
- 4 Waypoints
- 4 Waypoints