Insider tip: Plan a detour to the Burberg shortly after the start (footpath about 1.4 km). From the very top you have a fantastic view.
The Burberg, also known as Burgberg, Buerberg or Schutzer Kopf, rises in the Volcanic Eifel Nature Park. It originated as a volcano about 11,000 years ago.
Highlights along the way:
• 0.4 km view of Burberg
GesundLand Vulkaneifel GmbH will be pleased to put together an individual hiking tour for you including hotel and luggage transfer.
Safety informationStay on the marked hiking trails.
• Stay away from steep edges and rock faces (danger of falling).
• Keep an eye on your children if necessary.
• Small steps and a steady pace save energy uphill and protect your joints downhill.
• Take something to drink with you; drinking is important even when you are not thirsty.
• And: Please keep nature clean.
Tips and hintsGesundLand Vulkaneifel GmbH
GesundLand Tourist Information Daun
Tel. +49 (0) 6592 95130
Getting therePlease use the navigable start address in the parking section to enter in your navigation device. Or use the >> online journey planner at the end of the stage description.
ParkingAt the Chapel of St. Wendelin, Dorfstraße, 54570 Schutz
Author’s map recommendations
Equipment• Backpack food and sturdy shoes are recommended.
• Walking sticks may be helpful for the trails.
• Clothing appropriate to the weather