Experience the fiery stories of the Volcanic Eifel.
Bad Bertrich has a varied and important history. The Romans were already aware of the healing properties of the water in the valley of the Üssbach. A well-marked network of paths around the health resort leads hiking and nature lovers to interesting viewpoints, historical sites and special nature experiences.
Highlights along the way:
• 0.6 km Viktoriahöhe
• 1.7 km Oasis of Tranquillity
• 4.2 km Falkenlay/Stone Age caves
• 4.8 km Maischquelle (spring)
• 5.3 km Badger holes
Insider tip: At the Maischquelle a soothing refreshment awaits you in the form of a natural fridge!
GesundLand Vulkaneifel will be pleased to put together an individual tour for you including hotel, packed lunches and luggage transfer!
Safety information• Stay on the marked hiking trails.
• Stay away from steep edges and rock faces (danger of falling).
• Keep an eye on your children if necessary.
• Small steps and a steady pace save energy uphill and protect your joints downhill.
• Take something to drink with you; drinking is important even when you are not thirsty.
• And: Please keep nature clean.
Tips and hintsGesundLand Vulkaneifel GmbH
Tourist Information Bad Bertrich
56864 Bad Bertrich
Tel.: +49 (0)2674 932 222
Getting therePlease use the navigable start address in the Parking section to enter in your navigation device. Or use the >> online journey planner at the end of the stage description.
ParkingBad Bertrich car park, Kurfürstenstr. 32, 56864 Bad Bertrich
Book recommendation by the author
EquipmentBackpack food, weatherproof clothing and sturdy shoes are recommended.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.