The Vulcano information platform in Steineberg (currently closed) is impressive. Great panoramic views of the unique landscape of the Volcanic Eifel are offered there.
Shortcut via "Zuweg HeimatSpur Keltenrundweg" Demerath
Connection to the HeimatSpur Appoloniaweg "AP".
Highlights along the way:
• 6.5 km Üssbach Valley
• 12.2 km Geisert juniper heath
• 12.9 km Demerather Drees
• 15.0 km Steineberger Lay with relics of a Celtic settlement
Are you planning an overnight stay? You can easily search for the hiking-friendly hosts of the Eifel at GesundLand Vulkaneifel GmbH according to your wishes and also book them online
GesundLand Vulkaneifel GmbH will be pleased to put together an individual hiking tour for you including hotel and luggage transfer.
Safety information• Stay on the marked hiking trails.
• Stay away from steep edges and rock faces (danger of falling).
• Keep an eye on your children if necessary.
• Small steps and a steady pace save energy uphill and protect your joints downhill.
• Take something to drink with you; drinking is important even when you are not thirsty.
• And: Please keep nature clean.
Tips and hintsGesundLand Vulkaneifel GmbH
GesundLand Tourist Information Daun
Tel. +49 (0)6592 95130
Getting therePlease use the navigable start address in the Parking section to enter in your navigation device. Or use the >> online journey planner at the end of the stage description.
ParkingSports field, 54552 Steineberg
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Equipment• Backpack food and sturdy shoes are recommended.
• Walking sticks may be helpful for the trails.
• Weatherproof clothing