Due to the many special features along the way, it is advisable to plan enough time for stops in between.
The Trautzberg Maar, the smallest maar lake in the Eifel, and the wildly romantic Strohner Schweiz are just two of the many features of volcanism along the Lava Trail.
Insider tip: It's worth taking a look at the 120 t heavy lava bomb, which is only a 5-minute walk from the Strohn Volcano House!
Connection to the HeimatSpur Mühlenweg (mill trail) "MW" possible.
Highlights along the way:
• 0.0 km Strohn Volcano House
• 1.7 km Strohn Määrchen
• 4.1 km renaturalised Trautzberg Maar
• 6.8 km Strohner Schweiz (Strohn Switzerland)
• 11.8 Sammetbach stream
• 16.3 km Holzmaar
Are you planning an overnight stay? You can conveniently search for the hiking-friendly hosts of the Eifel at GesundLand Vulkaneifel GmbH according to your wishes and also book them online
GesundLand Vulkaneifel GmbH will be pleased to put together an individual hiking tour for you including hotel and luggage transfer.
Safety information• Stay on the marked hiking trails.
• Stay away from steep edges and rock faces (danger of falling).
• Keep an eye on your children if necessary.
• Small steps and a steady pace save energy uphill and protect your joints downhill.
• Take something to drink with you; drinking is important even when you are not thirsty.
• And: Please keep nature clean.
Tips and hintsGesundLand Vulkaneifel GmbH
GesundLand Tourist Information Daun
Tel. +49 (0)6592 95130
Getting therePlease use the navigable start address in the Parking section to enter in your navigation device. Or use the >> online journey planner at the end of the stage description.
ParkingVulkanhaus Strohn, Hauptstraße 38, 54558 Strohn
Author’s map recommendations
Equipment• Backpack food and sturdy shoes are recommended.
• Walking sticks may be helpful for the trails.
• Weatherproof clothing