But you can also enjoy the wonderful natural landscape with lonely stream valleys.
Connection to the HeimatSpur Wendelinusweg "WE"
Connection to the HeimatSpur Lavaweg (lava trail) "LA
Shortcut via "Zuweg HeimatSpur Mühlenweg" (Strotzbüsch)
Highlights along the trail:
• 4.1 km "Strotzbüscher Thumm" (Roman grave)
• 9.8 km Museum Zum alten Eisen
• 16.9 km Immerath Maar
GesundLand Vulkaneifel GmbH will be pleased to put together an individual hiking tour for you including hotel and luggage transfer.
Rest StopWP 6 Oberscheidweiler Mühle
Safety information• Stay on the marked hiking trails
• Stay away from steep edges and rock faces (danger of falling)
• Keep an eye on your children if necessary
• Small steps and a steady pace save energy uphill and protect the joints downhill
• Take something to drink with you; drinking is important even when you are not thirsty
• And: Please keep nature clean
Tips and hintsGesundLand Vulkaneifel GmbH
GesundLand Tourist Information Daun
Tel. +49 (0)6592 95130
Getting therePlease use the navigable start address in the Parking section to enter in your navigation device. Or use the >> online journey planner at the end of the stage description.
ParkingAt the Strotzbüscher Mill, 54552 Strotzbüsch
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Equipment• A filled backpack and sturdy shoes are recommended
• Walking sticks may be useful
• Clothing depending on the weather
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.