The Elfengrotte is also called the Käsegrotte because the stones look like cheese wheels stacked on top of each other!
Enjoy the day full of impressions rich in nature!
Highlights along the way:
• 1.2 km the Elfengrotte (elf grotto)
• 1.3 km Elbesbach waterfall
Enjoy your hike!
Safety information• Stay on the marked hiking trails.
• Stay away from steep edges and rock faces (danger of falling).
• Keep an eye on your children if necessary.
• Small steps and a steady pace save energy uphill and protect your joints downhill.
• Take something to drink with you; drinking is important even when you are not thirsty.
• And: Please keep nature clean
Tips and hintsGesundLand Vulkaneifel GmbH
Tel. +49 (0)6592 951370
Tourist Information Bad Bertrich
56864 Bad Bertrich
Tel.: +49 (0)2674 932 222
For more informationen on the Elfengrotte/Käsegrotte visit www.heimat-spuren.de
Getting therePlease use the navigable start address in the parking section to enter in your navigation device. Or use the >> online journey planner at the end of the stage description.
ParkingBad Bertrich Parking Garage, Kurfürstenstr. 32, 56864 Bad Bertrich
Book recommendation by the author
EquipmentBackpack food and sturdy shoes recommended.
Dress according to the weather and pack a towel in case you want to refresh your feet in the Üssbach!
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.