Only a few metres from the car park, at the church, this wonderful circular walk starts out through beautiful forests on wide, very accessible paths. After about 2.5 km, the path becomes very varied. It goes over meadow paths, past beautiful mixed forests, up to a fantastic viewpoint over the village of Wallenborn, nestled in a dreamlike landscape.
Here a swinging wooden bench invites you to take a short rest. Down to Wallenborn at the end of the tour, you might want to take another look at the geyser in action.
The hike is sufficiently signposted according to the logo "WA".
Highlights along the way:
• 0.9 km rest area with panoramic views
Are you planning an overnight stay? You can conveniently search for the hiking-friendly hosts of the Eifel at GesundLand Vulkaneifel GmbH according to your wishes and also book them online
GesundLand Vulkaneifel GmbH will be pleased to put together an individual hiking tour for you including hotel and luggage transfer.
Safety information• Stay on the marked hiking trails.
• Stay away from steep edges and rock faces (danger of falling).
• Keep an eye on your children if necessary.
• Small steps and a steady pace save energy uphill and protect your joints downhill.
• Take something to drink with you; drinking is important even when you are not thirsty.
• And: Please keep nature clean.
Tips and hintsGesundLand Vulkaneifel GmbH
GesundLand Tourist Information Daun
Getting therePlease use the navigable start address in the Parking section to enter in your navigation device. Or use the >> online journey planner at the end of the stage description.
ParkingParking at the cold water geyser (Neuestraße, 54570 Wallenborn)
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Equipment• Backpack food and sturdy shoes recommended.
• Walking sticks can be helpful for the trails.