A leisurely hike for both young and not so young with adventurous attractions - this is the Teufelstisch tour in Hinterweidenthal. As the name suggests, the main role of this ten-kilometre hike is the legendary Teufelstisch, the landmark of the region of Hauenstein.
This tour is particularly suitable for families because of the new theme park “Erlebnispark Teufelstisch”, which is aesthetically embedded in the rocky landscape. Above the park is the entrance to the premium trail. Along a narrow path, it leads parallel to the Salzbach towards Salzwoog. Along the way you pass the Schwammbonnquelle. This spring lies mystically concealed in a small pond in a gloomy forest. For those of you who want to enjoy this unusual atmosphere, they can either enjoy an extensive snack at the picnic area or relax on a wooden bench above the pond and listen to the quiet burbling of the spring water.
Don’t forget to take snacks with you in your rucksacks. The length of this tour makes it suitable for families. Refreshments can be found in the immediate vicinity of the Erlebnispark Teufelstisch or in the local gastronomy of Hinterweidenthal.
A trip to the amusement park Erlebnispark Teufelstisch is also worthwhile!
Rest StopBrauhaus Ehrstein
Despite the well-signposted trail markers along the premium hiking trails, we recommend for security reasons to always have an appropriate hiking map so that, for example when a storm occurs, you can quickly either find shelter or get out of the woods.
Especially in the autumn it is also important to remember that leaves lying on the ground can conceal irregularities, such as roots, rocks or holes in the path. Following storms, trees can have been uprooted or have branches hanging down. Such path impairments have to be expected when using such trails . Especially in adverse weather conditions, it may occur that the trails and paths turn into muddy and slippery passages. Path impairments of this kind have to be expected when you go out for a hike. Not all rocks or slopes are secured with ropes or railings and sure footedness is required. Should you be of the opinion that these are not accessible to you then you should try and get around them.
Tips and hints
Tourist Info CentreHoliday region Hauenstein
Shoe mile 1
Getting thereB 10 (Landau/Pirmasens), exit Hinterweidenthal.
ParkingParking at the Erlebnispark Hinterweidenthal.
Author’s map recommendations
Sturdy footwear and all-weather clothing, sun and rain protection, and a sufficient quantity of food and drink, should no refreshment facilities or shopping possibilities exist or be open. Although the path is always very well marked, you should for safety reasons always have an appropriate hiking map with you.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.