Ristorante Da Memo, Hauptstraße 64, 67714 Waldfischbach-Burgalben, Tel. 06333/ 43 91
Hotel-Restaurant "Zum Schwan", Hauptstraße 119, 67714 Waldfischbach-Burgalben, Tel. 06333/92 42 0, www.zum-schwan-wfb.de (Qualitätsgastgeber Wanderbares Deutschland)
Naturfreundehaus Heltersberg, In der Lettenkaut, 67714 Heltersberg, Tel. 06333 / 64 69 8, www.naturfreunde-heltersberg.de
Zimmerkopfhütte, Am Zimmerkopf, 67716 Heltersberg, Tel. 06333 / 630 64, www.pwv-heltersberg.de
Gasthof Ries, Hauptstraße 87, 67716 Heltersberg, Tel. 06333 / 63 200
Restaurant "Zur Linde", Hauptstraße 49, 67718 Schmalenberg, Tel. 06307 / 60 86, www.zur-linde-schmalenberg.de
Connys Fässchen, Lindenstraße 12, 67715 Geiselberg, Tel. 06307 / 91 26 72 oder 0176 / 23 62 63 99
Rest StopRestaurant "Zur Linde"
Ristorante "Da Memo"
Gaststätte "Zum Sportheim"
Gastwirtschaft "Zum Deutschen Kaiser"
Sportheim zum Hembachblick
Cafe am Bahnhof
Despite the well-signposted trail markers along the premium hiking trails, we recommend for security reasons to always have an appropriate hiking map so that, for example when a storm occurs, you can quickly either find shelter or get out of the woods.
Especially in the autumn it is also important to remember that leaves lying on the ground can conceal irregularities, such as roots, rocks or holes in the path. Following storms, trees can have been uprooted or have branches hanging down. Such path impairments have to be expected when using such trails. Especially in adverse weather conditions, it may occur that the trails and paths turn into muddy and slippery passages. Path impairments of this kind have to be expected when you go out for a hike. Not all rocks or slopes are secured with ropes or railings and sure footedness is required. Should you be of the opinion that these are not accessible to you then you should try and get around them.
Tips and hints
Tourist-Information Holzland/Sickinger Höhe
Getting thereVon Kaiserslautern und Pirmasens erfolgt die Anreise über die B 270. Innerörtlich der Ausschilderung Bahnhof folgen.
ParkingParkplatz am Bahnhof Waldfischbach.
Sturdy footwear and all-weather clothing, sun and rain protection, and a sufficient quantity of food and drink, should no refreshment facilities or shopping possibilities exist or be open. Although the path is always very well marked, you should for safety reasons always have an appropriate hiking map with you.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.