The Kleine Wäller “Häubchen Tour” starts on the outskirts of Breitscheid and consists for the most part of natural trails.
Distance 5.5 km
The circular route takes its name from the 350 m high Roßbacher bonnet. This is an eroded volcanic cone with exciting basalt walls and a small basalt educational trail that explains basalt mining from 1883 to 1942. At the church in the center of the village you will pass a playground. Opposite is the excursion bar and restaurant "Zum Dorfkrug" with German, Italian and Indian specialties. The sun terrace is particularly recommended.
For experienced hikers, the ascent from the viewing platform up to the summit is definitely recommended. The panorama board there offers a wonderful view of the Wiedtal, and with good visibility even as far as the Siebengebirge and the Eifel. The long-distance hiking trail WesterwaldSteig, the Wied-Weg and the adventure loop "Basaltbogen" also lead along the Roßbacher Häubchen.
Update: February 18, 2021
Getting thereFrom Roßbach / Wied or A3 exit Fernthal via the L 256
ParkingFree parking at the entrance to the village, coming from Roßbach, in Roßbacher Straße
32U 389697 5604230
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentSturdy shoes are recommended.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view