An eventful way - past the Wolfsteine and many other Bad Marienberg sights.
The 7 km long circular path is especially suitable for families, as there is a lot to discover for the children on the way and the hike is guaranteed not to be boring.
The Kleine Wäller Wolfsteine is a great circular hike for families and all hikers who love variety.
The tour starts at the Bad Marienberg Wildlife Park, from where you follow forest paths to the Little and Big Wolfstein. Here you should take your time and read the legend of the Wolfsteine on the information board.
Via the Marienberger Höhe the way leads to the city center. The spa gardens with pharmacist's garden and barefoot path are definitely worth a stop.
In the city center there are many places to stop for a bite to eat, so that you can start the last third of the hike well fortified.
The walk continues in the direction of the basalt park. Here you will find information boards about basalt mining in earlier times. The path leads past the basalt lake and the impressive basalt wall of the park steeply uphill towards the wild park.
Before you reach the Wildpark, you pass the Hedwigsturm. Here you can enjoy the view over the Westerwald at the end of the hike.
From the south: via the B255 to the Bad Marienberg exit
From the north: via the B414 to the Bad Marienberg exit
In Bad Marienberg follow the signs "Wildpark".
ParkingLarge free parking lot at the Wildpark Bad Marienberg.
EquipmentWe recommend sturdy shoes for the hike.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.