Kroppacher Switzerland - Limbacher Runde "German Corner of the Westerwald"
Westerwald - Ganz nach deiner Natur! Verified partner Explorers Choice
"Deutsches Eck des Westerwaldes"Photo: Dominik Ketz, Tourist-Information Hachenburger Westerwald
Rest stopsRestaurant Peter Hilger GmbH
Wilhelmsteg - Café. Campsite. Wilderness Days
- Wear sturdy shoes and suitable clothing that is suitable for the weather and protects you from the cold and wet or from the heat and sun.
- Take plenty of fluids with you. There are not many places to stop for refreshments.
- Please put on suitable hiking shoes on the way, which will give you sufficient grip even on slippery and steep or rocky and uneven paths.
- If you are of the opinion that certain sections of the path are not accessible to you then you should bypass this. Especially in adverse weather conditions, near-natural paths can lead to muddy and slippery passages.
- Particularly in autumn, it is also important to ensure that the leaves lying on the ground can cover bumps, roots, stones or holes in the path. You should expect this kind of obstacle to the path when you go on a hike.
- Although the path is consistently very well marked, you should always have a suitable hiking map with you for safety reasons.
Tips and hintsKultur- und Verkehrsverein Limbach e.V.
Tel .: 02662-939397
We start our hike in Limbach at the Haus des Gastes and cross the small Nister right at the beginning of the tour. On our way, which leads us through a forest, we enjoy the intense experience of nature. We soon reach the valley of the Große Nister and cross it over the Wilhelmsteg. Now we follow the course of the Great Nister, which leads us directly to the "German Corner of the Westerwald". Here we can take a break and strengthen ourselves before we hike back to Limbach via the Lützelauer Mühle.
Public transportFrom Hachenburg there is a regular bus connection to Streithausen with the bus line 270, from there it is about 25 minutes on foot to Limbach.
Taxi Schmidt GbR: Hachenburg, Tel .: 02662/6119 or 02662/6688
Taxi Uwe Bischoff: Hachenburg, Tel .: 02662/944444
Taxi Kappi-Tullius: Hachenburg, Tel .: 02662/939390
Taxi Uwe Bischoff: Altenkirchen, Tel .: 02681/2222
Taxi Uwe Bischoff: Wissen, Tel .: 02742/1055
Taxi rental car Jung, Reinhold: Hamm / Sieg, Tel .: 02682/8555
Getting thereFrom Hachenburg (south): We leave Hachenburg via Graf-Heinrich-Straße and the L288. At the end of the street we turn right onto the B413. At the roundabout we take the second exit to join the B414 in the direction of Altenkirchen. We leave this street at the first crossing to the right on the K21, which we leave directly to the left on the K19. We follow this road through Müschenbach to Astert. After Aster we turn right to stay on the K19. After a little more than a kilometer, we turn right onto the K20, which we follow to Limbach.
From Altenkirchen (west): We take the B414 in the direction of Hachenburg and follow this road to Müschenbach. At the ED petrol station we turn left into the main street, which we follow to the end. There we turn left into Hachenburger Straße, which we follow out of Müschenbach. We are now on the K19, which we follow past Astert, where we turn right to stay on the K19. After a little over a kilometer we turn right onto the K20, which we follow to Limbach.
From Betzdorf (north): We leave Betzdorf via the L288 and follow this road until we turn right after about ten kilometers Leave Luckenbach. We turn left onto the L281. After about one kilometer we turn left into Marienstätter Weg. We follow this through with Atzelgift. We continue on the elevated road (always straight ahead). When we are out of Atzelgift, we follow the K20 straight ahead to Limbach.
ParkingLimbach: Free parking space at the Haus des Gastes, Hardtweg 3, 57629 Limbach
Heuzert: Free parking space at the "Cafe und Biergarten Wilhelmsteg", Wilhelm-Steg 1, 57627 Heuzert
EquipmentAlthough there are places to stop for refreshments in Limbach and Heuzert, backpacking is recommended.
- 13 Waypoints
- 13 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others