With 9.1 kilometers and only 300 meters of altitude, the Kirschweiler Fortress National Park Dream Loop can be hiked comfortably in a good three hours.
The scenically varied tour in the eastern part of the Hunsrück-Hochwald National Park (https://www.nationalpark-hunsrueck-hochwald.de) impressively shows the beauty of the gemstone region. Highlights of the hike are the quartzite rocks of the Kirschweiler Fortress with its breathtaking vantage points and the former Celtic fortification Ringskopf.
The dream loop is connected to the Saar-Hunsrück-Steig premium hiking trail. Access routes are marked from Hettenrodt and Allenbach.Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Safety informationSome of the Traumschleifen have steep, difficult and, in rainy or winter weather, slippery passages. Therefore, hiking boots, surefootedness and good physical condition are essential prerequisites for hiking these premium circular trails.
Tips and hintsTourist information EdelSteinLand:
Phone +49 6785 - 79 1400
Fax +49 6785 - 79 81400
Main Street 419
Phone +49 6781 - 64 871
Getting thereA62: Exit Birkenfeld, B41 direction Idar-Oberstein to Rötsweiler-Nockental. In the village in the direction of Leisel/Hettenrodt until Hettenrodt. In the centre of the village, turn left towards Kirschweiler. In Kirschweiler follow the signs to the golf course.
A61: Exit Bad Kreuznach, B41 direction Idar-Oberstein. In Idar-Oberstein, take the B422 towards Bernkastel-Kues until Kirschweiler. In Kirschweiler follow the signs to the golf course.
A1: Exit Reinsfeld on B327 (Hunsrückhöhenstraße) in the direction of Morbach. Before Morbach, take the B269 towards Idar-Oberstein. After Katzenloch, turn right towards Hettenroth/Kirschweiler. In Kirschweiler follow the signs to the golf course.
B327/B50: Behind Morbach on B269 in the direction of Birkenfeld/Idar-Oberstein. Behind Katzenloch, turn right towards Hettenroth/Kirschweiler. In Kirschweiler follow the signs to the golf course.
ParkingParking at the golf course in 55743 Kirschweiler.
Please use the parking spaces designated for hikers. Further parking spaces are available e.g. at the sports field Kirschweiler (walking distance approx. 300 m)
EquipmentHiking boots required!
Our tips for carefree hiking pleasure
Hiking is the perfect sport. With the right clothing and the right shoes it is twice as much fun. Functional clothing, poles and breathable rucksacks are comfortable when hiking. But good shoes are indispensable. Sturdy jogging or leisure shoes are only suitable for short distances on level paths at best. For longer distances we recommend sturdy hiking boots with non-slip soles. Also remember to bring sun protection and a drink. One litre of water is ideal.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.