GesundLand Vulkaneifel GmbH will be happy to put together an individual hiking tour for you including hotel & luggage transfer.
Rest StopRomantik Schloss Hotel Kurfürstliches Amtshaus
Pension Haus Liesertal
Winzerhofcafé Görgen Platten
Ferienwohnung am Lieserpfad
Safety information• Stay on the marked hiking trails
• Stay away from steep edges and rock faces (danger of falling)
• Keep an eye on your children if necessary
• Small steps and a steady pace save energy uphill and are easy on the joints downhill
• Take something to drink with you; drinking is important even when you are not thirsty
• And: Please keep nature clean.
Tips and hintsGesundLand Vulkaneifel GmbH
Tourist Information Wittlich Stadt und Land
Eifel Tourismus (ET) GmbH
Getting therePlease use the navigable start address in the Parking section to enter in your navigation device.Or use the >> online journey planner at the end of the stage description.
Hikers' car park, Gemeindehaus Boxberg, Tannenstraße, 54552 Boxberg (from there it is about 1.5 kilometres to the starting point)
Daun market square, 54550 Daun (fee required)
Car park at the Kurhaus, Grafenstraße 21, 54531 Manderscheid
Wittlich, city centre car park (free of charge and unlimited in the rear area), at the city park
Moselstraße, 54470 Lieser
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Equipment• Backpack food and sturdy shoes recommended
• Walking poles may be helpful for the trails
• Dress appropriately for the weather.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.