Four mountains in one circular tour - idyllic valleys, tranquil forests and fantastic distant views. As a special treat there are rocks, ravines, caves, mighty tree giants, and even an ant path with its own bridge!!
Highlights at Traumpfad
- Volcano Gänsehals Schmitzkopf Sulzbusch Hochstein with fantastic views over the volcanic Eifel Pellenz and the Neuwied basin
- Idyllic Kellbach valley
- Massive tuff walls in the rocky region “Rauhbuur“
- impressive gorges in Marxe Lay
- Erlenbrunnen spring and the legendary Genoveva Cave
Aus Gründen der Verkehrssicherungspflicht schließt der Betreiber des Gänsehalsturms von Einsetzen der Frostperiode bis Ostern den Turm. Durch Kondensation kann sich Eis bilden und die Besucher könnten auf den glatten Stufen ausrutschen und sich verletzen.
Rest stopsVulkan Brauerei GmbH & Co. KG
Hotel-Restaurant Eifler Seehütte
Safety guidance – stay safe whilst hiking on the Traumpfade/Traumpfädchen
Hikers like narrow pathways, unspoilt natural trails (leading over the forest floor, across the grass or alongside streams) and rocky climbs which lead to spectacular views. It goes without saying that particular care should be exercised when taking such routes.
Things to bear in mind when preparing for your hike
- Wear proper clothing that is appropriate to the weather conditions and that will protect you against the cold and the wet or the heat and the sun.
- Schedule suitable breaks during your hike and make sure that you conserve energy.
- Take sufficient liquids with you. Establishments selling refreshments are not available everywhere.
- When hiking on the Traumpfade, please wear appropriate hiking boots which provide a sufficient foothold on slippery, steep, rocky and uneven paths.
- If you do not feel that you are able to negotiate certain parts of the route, then you should avoid such sections or else turn back. Natural pathways may become muddy and treacherous, especially in unfavourable weather.
- In autumn in particular, please remember that leaves lying on the ground may be concealing bumps, routes, stones or holes in the path.
- You will need to expect route impairments of this kind if you are intending to undertake a hike.
- Before setting out, visit https://www.traumpfade.info/traumpfade/wege-status/ in order to find out whether the route you intend to hike is closed or whether diversions are in place. Construction works, timber felling or other disruptions may also be planned.
- Recommended hiking season: April to October
Tips and hints
Traumpfade-App iOS: App iTunes download
Traumpfade-App Android: App Google play download
A 61 Exit Mendig/Maria Laach - B262 towards Mayen - right towards Mendig/Bell/Obermendig - 200 meter left in Laacher Straße - first option right 300 meter to car park Erlenmühle - 56743 Mendig, car park Erlenmühle (Ernteweg)
56743 Mendig, car park Erlenmühle (Ernteweg)
56745 Bell, Gänsehals, hiker car park Gänsehals
56745 Bell, car park Schweinsgraben at L 82
Book recommendation by the author
Surefootedness and a head for heights are required in some sections.
You should not embark upon the tours in icy conditions.
Robust footwear is recommended!
Details of route closures can be found at: http://www.traumpfade.info/wegemanagement/
- 31 Waypoints
- 31 Waypoints