A high level hiking holiday – that is what the Traumpfad Wolfsdelle offers. It is one of the excursion destinations that can be reached easily, not only from Koblenz but also from Mayen or Bendorf. Along historic tracks the path goes to the legendary King’s Throne. A wonderful circular trail with spectacular views over the Rhine valley to the Hunsrück and Taunus mountain ranges.
Highlights at Traumpfad
- An attractive distant view of the UNESCO World Heritage site Upper Middle Rhine Valley
- Idyllic half-timbered houses in Rhens with the historic King’s Throne
- Meadows of Upper Mühlbachtal (Mill Valley)
- Rhine heights’ Kriesenkopf
- Panoramic view of the Rhine and the Marksburg Castle as well as the Ehrenbreitstein citadel in Koblenz
Der Traumpfad ist am 19.11/20.11.2022 und am 07.01.2023 wegen eine Jagd gesperrt.
Rest stopsHotel Restaurant Alter Posthof
Safety guidance – stay safe whilst hiking on the Traumpfade/Traumpfädchen
Hikers like narrow pathways, unspoilt natural trails (leading over the forest floor, across the grass or alongside streams) and rocky climbs which lead to spectacular views. It goes without saying that particular care should be exercised when taking such routes.
Things to bear in mind when preparing for your hike
- Wear proper clothing that is appropriate to the weather conditions and that will protect you against the cold and the wet or the heat and the sun.
- Schedule suitable breaks during your hike and make sure that you conserve energy.
- Take sufficient liquids with you. Establishments selling refreshments are not available everywhere.
- When hiking on the Traumpfade, please wear appropriate hiking boots which provide a sufficient foothold on slippery, steep, rocky and uneven paths.
- If you do not feel that you are able to negotiate certain parts of the route, then you should avoid such sections or else turn back. Natural pathways may become muddy and treacherous, especially in unfavourable weather.
- In autumn in particular, please remember that leaves lying on the ground may be concealing bumps, routes, stones or holes in the path.
- You will need to expect route impairments of this kind if you are intending to undertake a hike.
- Before setting out, visit https://www.traumpfade.info/traumpfade/wege-status/ in order to find out whether the route you intend to hike is closed or whether diversions are in place. Construction works, timber felling or other disruptions may also be planned.
- Recommended hiking season: April to October
Tips and hints
Traumpfade App for iOS: Download the app from iTunes
Traumpfade App for Android: Download the app from Google Play
B 9 bis 56321 Rhens (towards town central) - 56321 Rhens, Market Place Rhens (Bramleystraße/Auf der Lay)
56321 Rhens, Bramleystraße (town central)
56231 Rhens, Bahnhof
Parish church/Kindergarten and station at Rhens
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Surefootedness and a head for heights are required in some sections.
You should not embark upon the tours in icy conditions.
Robust footwear is recommended!
Details of route closures can be found at: http://www.traumpfade.info/wegemanagement/
- 17 Waypoints
- 17 Waypoints