The Traumpfädchen Eifeltraum offers impressively diverse forest sections which feature shady beech trees, venerable oaks and delicate pines. These alternate with field and meadow trails offering highly attractive views between the village of Kürrenberg and the Nitz Valley. There is also a natural Kneipp basin in which hikers can refresh their tired legs.
Highlights of the Traumpfädchen
- Varied woodland section
- Panoramic views of the Nitz Valley from the Bleiberg Hut
- A refreshing dip in a natural Kneipp basin
Rest stopsWeinschänke-Restaurant Stellwerk in Monreal
Hikers like narrow pathways, unspoilt natural trails (leading over the forest floor, across the grass or alongside streams) and rocky climbs which lead to spectacular views. It goes without saying that particular care should be exercised when taking such routes.
Things to bear in mind when preparing for your hike
- Wear proper clothing that is appropriate to the weather conditions and that will protect you against the cold and the wet or the heat and the sun.
- Schedule suitable breaks during your hike and make sure that you conserve energy.
- Take sufficient liquids with you. Establishments selling refreshments are not available everywhere.
- When hiking on the Traumpfade, please wear appropriate hiking boots which provide a sufficient foothold on slippery, steep, rocky and uneven paths.
- If you do not feel that you are able to negotiate certain parts of the route, then you should avoid such sections or else turn back. Natural pathways may become muddy and treacherous, especially in unfavourable weather.
- In autumn in particular, please remember that leaves lying on the ground may be concealing bumps, routes, stones or holes in the path.
- You will need to expect route impairments of this kind if you are intending to undertake a hike.
- Before setting out, visit https://www.traumpfade.info/traumpfaedchen/wege-status/ in order to find out whether the route you intend to hike is closed or whether diversions are in place. Construction works, timber felling or other disruptions may also be planned.
- Recommended hiking season: April to October
Tips and hints
Traumpfade App for iOS: Download the app from iTunes
Traumpfade App for Android: Download the app from Google Play
A 48 exit Mayen/Mendig - B 258 direction Nürburgring - pass Mayen-Kürrenberg through a roundabout- then turn right to the parking lot for hikers (56727 Mayen-Kürrenberg)
56727 Mayen-Kürrenberg, Rhododendron parking lot (on the B 258)
Book recommendation by the author
Surefootedness and a head for heights are required in some sections.
You should not embark upon the tours in icy conditions.
Robust footwear is recommended!
Details of route closures can be found at: https://www.traumpfade.info/traumpfaedchen/wege-status/
- 11 Waypoints
- 11 Waypoints