The central valley in the UNESCO World Heritage Upper Middle Rhine Valley from above - left and right Rhine - from every angle.9 castles, 3 ferries, a train station in almost every Rhine town and 1000 views.
Distance 92.4 km
When it may be a little more:Long-distance hiking trail round trip via Rheinsteig and Rheinburgenweg past the most amazing views in the central valley of the UNESCO World Heritage Upper Middle Rhine Valley.Past 9 castles (Rheinfels, Kurtrierische Burg Boppard, Liebenstein, Sterrenberg, Maus, Katz, Gutenfels, Pfalzgrafenstein and Schönburg) and many breathtaking viewpoints such as Maria Ruh, the Loreley plateau and the Spitznack.Three ferries in Boppard, St. Goar and Kaub provide the Rhine crossing and train stations in almost every Rhine town guarantee the return trip. Therefore feasible both as a stage tour and from a fixed location.Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Update: August 30, 2021
32U 408106 5556097
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view