The witches, hangmen and scoundrels tour takes you to historical penal and crime scenes in and around Ulmen.
Ulmen's "Morality and Punishment Trail" now leads into the Brandenbusch: here witches, thieves and murderers were burned at the pyre from the 16th century onwards.
After an ascent, you can take a breather on the plateau of the Jakobsberg, where another wonderful panoramic view opens up. Here, visible to all from afar, stood another testimony to medieval jurisprudence: the court gallows.
On the way down, you now reach the corridor "Beim Peinloch", where probably the most horrible instance of torture, a water hole, was located.
An exciting tour ends after a good two hours with new knowledge about the dark history, but also wonderful impressions of the town of Ulmen.
GesundLand Vulkaneifel GmbH will be pleased to put together an individual hiking tour for you including hotel and luggage transfer.
Safety information• Stay on the marked hiking trails
• Stay away from steep edges and rock faces (danger of falling)
• Keep an eye on your children if necessary
• Small steps and a steady pace save energy uphill and protect the joints downhill
• Take something to drink with you; drinking is important even when you are not thirsty
• And: Please keep nature clean
Tips and hintsVerkehrsverein Ulmen
In der Lay
Tel: 02676 / 952 800
GesundLand Tourist-Information Daun
zentrale Tel.: +49 (0) 6592 - 951370
Getting therePlease use the navigable start address in the parking section to enter in your navigation device. Or use the >> online journey planner at the end of the stage description.
ParkingJungferweiher Ulmen (Am Jungferweiher, 56766 Ulmen)
Equipment• Backpack food and sturdy shoes are recommended.
• Walking sticks may be helpful for the trails.
• Clothing according to the weather conditions