UFFBASSE! - Campaign for being considerate of others in nature
- Always act in a proactive, friendly and considerate way towards everyone you encounter along the way.
- Respect nature, do not destroy plants and always stay on the paths. Try to avoid excessive noise and leave the forest before dusk.
- Remember to take a rubbish bag with you when you go out and take your rubbish back home.
- Please keep your dog on a leash at all times. Other visitors and animals thank you.
- For your own safety, observe all road closures, including at weekends.
- Park only in designated parking areas. Leave space for emergency vehicles and agricultural machinery.
- Please give priority to agricultural and forestry traffic.
Rest StopHambach Castle
Safety informationIn light of recent events:
In autumn in particular, it is important to remember that leaves lying on the ground can hide bumps, roots, stones and holes in the path. Trees can topple and branches can fall down after thunderstorms and rainstorms. Natural paths can become muddy and slippery, especially in poor weather conditions. Not all rocks and precipices are secured with ropes or railings. You need to be sure-footed in certain areas. Damage to paths of this kind is to be expected on hikes. If you feel that certain sections of the path are not passable for you, please avoid them.
We endeavour to announce all closures due to forest work or hunting parties on this platform. Nevertheless, sometimes there are situations where hiking trails are closed and we may not have been informed. If you unexpectedly encounter a road closure or diversion, please follow the instructions for your own safety.
Getting thereA65 to the Neustadt/Weinstraße-Süd exit, then continue on the B39 to Neustadt
ParkingIn Neustadt an der Weinstraße
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentWe recommend the following equipment as standard for our hiking tours:
- Sturdy shoes
- Clothing suitable for the weather
- Sun and rain protection
- Sufficient quantity of food and drink, as refreshment stops or shopping facilities are not always available or open.
- Although the paths are very well marked throughout, for safety reasons it is always advisable to carry a suitable hiking map so that you can quickly find your way to a safe area in the event of a thunderstorm or emergency.