Rittersturz – Dommelsberghütte – Weidgenhöhe – Schloss Stolzenfels – Merkurtempel – Königsstuhl – Viehtor Rhens
Wear suitable weatherproof clothing that will protect you from cold, wet, heat and sunshine.
Make sure you take regular breaks and don't overexert yourself.
Take enough fluids with you as there are sections without rest stops.
Wear suitable hiking boots/shoes which give you enough grip on slippery, steep, rocky and uneven surfaces.
Avoid any sections of the route which you feel are too difficult for you. Natural trails can quickly become wet and slippery in adverse weather conditions.
Particularly in autumn, you should be careful of uneven ground, roots, stones or holes that have been covered by leaves.
You need to take these kinds of adverse conditions into account every time you go on a hike.
Particularly steep and dangerous places are made safer with handrails or ropes. Please use these as safety aids. Handrails are not to be climbed on or used to get a better view!
Tips and hintswww.rheinburgenweg.com
Getting thereFollow the B9 along the Rhine to get to Koblenz and Rhens.
- Rhens in der Bramleystraße (O 401428 N 5570705)
- Koblenz am Stadion Oberwerth (O 399161 N 5576482)
- Koblenz an der B 9 (O 399380 N 5576700)
- Rittersturz (O 399090 N 5576081)
- Stolzenfels (O 399823 N 5573397)
- Eiserne Hand (O 397885 N 5572634)
- Königsstuhl (O 401186 N 5570947)
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- Witterungsangepasste, zweckmäßige Kleidung