The Rheinsteig® trail runs on mostly narrow paths between Wiesbaden, Koblenz and Bonn along the right bank of the Rhine, passing forests, vineyards and spectacular views. Very well signposted and easy to get to, the trail invites you to take an ambitious long-distance hike or to break the trail up into shorter hikes – it is easy to reach by train, boat and car, and close to several airports. It is easy to join or leave the trail on the many marked paths which gives you great flexibility to plan the different stages of your hike.
The cultural landscape of the Rheinsteig® premium trail, which runs between Bonn, Koblenz and Wiesbaden, is incredibly beautiful. The breathtaking, varied 320km long ‘Top Trail’ winds its way on mostly narrow paths and challenging climbs over hills and through lush valleys. The trail offers a colourful mix of adventure and contemplation.
Fast alle Etappen sind sehr gut an den ÖPNV angebunden. So können die Etappenlängen individuell geplant und auch als Tagesetappen absolviert werden.
Updated: May 11, 2020
Safety informationHealth and safety
- Wear suitable weatherproof clothing that will protect you from cold, wet, heat and sunshine.
- Make sure you take regular breaks and don't overexert yourself.
- Take enough fluids with you as there are sections without rest stops.
- Wear suitable hiking boots/shoes which give you enough grip on slippery, steep, rocky and uneven surfaces.
- Avoid any sections of the route which you feel are too difficult for you. Natural trails can quickly become wet and slippery in adverse weather conditions.
- Particularly in autumn, you should be careful of uneven ground, roots, stones or holes that have been covered by leaves.
- You need to take these kinds of adverse conditions into account every time you go on a hike.
- Particularly steep and dangerous places are made safer with handrails or ropes. Please use these as safety aids. Handrails are not to be climbed on or used to get a better view!
Tips, hints and linkswww.rheinsteig.de
Getting thereDie Autobahn A 565 führt direkt durch Bonn. ebenso ist Bonn über die Bundesstraße 9 und 42 zu erreichen. Jeweils der Beschilderung Richtung Bonn-Zentrum folgen.
ParkingIn der Bonner Innenstadt gibt es mehrere Parkhäuser (kostenpflichtig). Das dem Startpunkt am nächstgelegene ist die Tiefgarage unter dem Marktplatz.
32U 366061 5622109
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Suitable weatherproof clothing
- 21 Stages
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.