Once upon a time there were two evil brothers who cheated their blind sister out of much of her inheritance. Unlike the latter the two men squandered the money they’d taken off her. They soon lost their fortune and began to fight. Once everything had gone, they decided to make their peace with one another by going on a hunt. The first brother up the next morning was to wake the other by shooting an arrow at the window shutters. However, both awoke at exactly the same moment, opened their shutters and loosed their arrows – into the heart of the other brother.
This section boasts lots of great views and constantly changing scenery. You pass wild orchards, hike through forest and walk past walls of rock. At just 12.5 kilometres, it also makes a good half-day tour.
Health and safety
- Wear suitable weatherproof clothing that will protect you from cold, wet, heat and sunshine.
- Make sure you take regular breaks and don't overexert yourself.
- Take enough fluids with you as there are sections without rest stops.
- Wear suitable hiking boots/shoes which give you enough grip on slippery, steep, rocky and uneven surfaces.
- Avoid any sections of the route which you feel are too difficult for you. Natural trails can quickly become wet and slippery in adverse weather conditions.
- Particularly in autumn, you should be careful of uneven ground, roots, stones or holes that have been covered by leaves.
- You need to take these kinds of adverse conditions into account every time you go on a hike.
- Particularly steep and dangerous places are made safer with handrails or ropes. Please use these as safety aids. Handrails are not to be climbed on or used to get a better view!
Tips, hints and linkswww.rheinsteig.de
Follow the B42 along the Rhine to get to Kamp-Bornhofen.
Access is possible by train.
ParkingParking in Kamp-Bornhofen along the main road. There are also a few parking spaces at the train station.
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- Witterungsangepasste, zweckmäßige Kleidung