Sayn Palace - Oskarhöhe - Brexbach Valley - Roman tower on the Pulverberg mountain - Meisenhof restaurant - Großbach Valley - German Limes Road - Schnatzen mill - Wüstenhof restaurant - River Meerbach - Vallendar
Distance 12.5 km
The neo-gothic Sayn Palace, built in 1848, stands at the foot of Sayn Castle. Thanks to extensive restorations, which were completed in 2000, it looks like a real fairytale palace again. It houses the town museum, with its collection of ornamental cast iron, as well as galleries, salons and conference rooms. In the palace's English-style park you can admire hundreds of exotic butterflies, tropical plants and birds in the butterfly garden.
Die Altstadt von Vallendar ist sehenswert und lädt zu einem abschließenden Bummel ein.
Update: March 09, 2022
Rest stopsGasthof Wüstenhof
Neues Museum Schloss Sayn
Safety informationHealth and safety
- Wear suitable weatherproof clothing that will protect you from cold, wet, heat and sunshine.
- Make sure you take regular breaks and don't overexert yourself.
- Take enough fluids with you as there are sections without rest stops.
- Wear suitable hiking boots/shoes which give you enough grip on slippery, steep, rocky and uneven surfaces.
- Avoid any sections of the route which you feel are too difficult for you. Natural trails can quickly become wet and slippery in adverse weather conditions.
- Particularly in autumn, you should be careful of uneven ground, roots, stones or holes that have been covered by leaves.
- You need to take these kinds of adverse conditions into account every time you go on a hike.
- Particularly steep and dangerous places are made safer with handrails or ropes. Please use these as safety aids. Handrails are not to be climbed on or used to get a better view!
Tips and hintswww.rheinsteig.de
Getting thereBy car: B42 to Bendorf, follow the signs for Sayn Palace
ParkingCar park at Sayn Palace
32U 398944 5588329
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Suitable weatherproof clothing
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view