The evil brothers' arrows:
Kestert - Hindenburghöhe viewing point - Lykershausen - Liebenstein Castle and Sterrenberg Castle - Kamp Bornhofen
Distance 12.1 km
Once upon a time...there were two evil brothers who cheated their blind sister out of her inheritance. But they squandered their fortune and began to argue. Since all their money was gone, they decided to settle their differences with a shoot out. Whoever woke first the next morning should wake the other with an arrow. However, both brothers woke at exactly the same moment, opened their windows, shot their arrows – and killed each other.
Updated: October 27, 2020
Rest StopBurg Liebenstein
Safety informationHealth and safety
- Wear suitable weatherproof clothing that will protect you from cold, wet, heat and sunshine.
- Make sure you take regular breaks and don't overexert yourself.
- Take enough fluids with you as there are sections without rest stops.
- Wear suitable hiking boots/shoes which give you enough grip on slippery, steep, rocky and uneven surfaces.
- Avoid any sections of the route which you feel are too difficult for you. Natural trails can quickly become wet and slippery in adverse weather conditions.
- Particularly in autumn, you should be careful of uneven ground, roots, stones or holes that have been covered by leaves.
- You need to take these kinds of adverse conditions into account every time you go on a hike.
- Particularly steep and dangerous places are made safer with handrails or ropes. Please use these as safety aids. Handrails are not to be climbed on or used to get a better view!
Tips and hintswww.rheinsteig.de
Getting thereB42 to Kestert train station. Walk from the station to the Rheinsteig trail (ca. 500m).
ParkingAt Kestert train station
32U 403871 5560281
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Suitable weatherproof clothing
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view