Rheinsteig Stage 9: Kestert - Kamp-Bornhofen (South - North)
Romantischer Rhein Tourismus GmbH Verified partner Explorers Choice
Traumhafte Aussichten ins RheintalPhoto: Konrad Friedgen, Community
Kestert - Hindenburghöhe viewing point - Lykershausen - Liebenstein Castle and Sterrenberg Castle - Kamp Bornhofen
Rest stopsBurg Liebenstein in Kamp-Bornhofen
Safety informationHealth and safety
- Wear suitable weatherproof clothing that will protect you from cold, wet, heat and sunshine.
- Make sure you take regular breaks and don't overexert yourself.
- Take enough fluids with you as there are sections without rest stops.
- Wear suitable hiking boots/shoes which give you enough grip on slippery, steep, rocky and uneven surfaces.
- Avoid any sections of the route which you feel are too difficult for you. Natural trails can quickly become wet and slippery in adverse weather conditions.
- Particularly in autumn, you should be careful of uneven ground, roots, stones or holes that have been covered by leaves.
- You need to take these kinds of adverse conditions into account every time you go on a hike.
- Particularly steep and dangerous places are made safer with handrails or ropes. Please use these as safety aids. Handrails are not to be climbed on or used to get a better view!
Tips and hintswww.rheinsteig.de/en
A wooden plank staircase with more than 82 steps begins here, climbing up the slope like Jacob's ladder to heaven. The trail then follows a steep winding path which flattens out as it gets higher. It continues on a beautiful hillside path, reminiscent of Corsican pine forests, starting off level and later becoming steeper as it ascends to the Bruno Löhr hikers' hut. Here you can see the 'Avenue of Trees', created in 2002. Every year on 25 April a new tree is planted here. Next stop is the Kamphauser Feld field, where the nature trail from the Kamper Hang hill meets the Rheinsteig trail. Follow the nature trail to reach the final destination of this stage, Kamp-Bornhofen.
Public transportTrain to Kestert station
By roadB42 to Kestert train station. Walk from the station to the Rheinsteig trail (ca. 500m).
ParkingAt Kestert train station
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Suitable weatherproof clothing
- 4 Waypoints
- 4 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Photos from others